About Elizabeth Tower
The neo-gothic Elizabeth Tower was completed in 1859 alongside the newly renovated House of Parliament. In 2012, the tower was re-named Elizabeth Tower from St Stephen’s Tower to mark Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee.
Housing the Big Ben bell, the tower also holds the second-largest four-faced chiming clock in the world aloft over the city. Crafted from opal glass and embellished with gold gilt, the four Elizabeth Tower clock faces provide ornately detailed additions to the angular lines and shadowed crevices of the Victorian gothic tower.
The amalgamation of the geometric Elizabeth Tower, the exceptionally artistic clock faces, the remarkable precision of the mechanical clock movement and the melodious chimes of the bells create a mesmerizingly harmonious language with a pinch of mystery.
Like its inspiration, the Elizabeth Tower pieces elegantly combine four elements into their eyecatching designs.
The geometric design is echoed in the central Rosas motif; the geometrical recurrent embellishment on the chain.
The artistic clock face is symbolised through bezel- and prong-set diamonds framed with delicate metal lines and a pavé-diamond surface. Twelve baguette-cut diamonds represent the numbers on the dial while the intricate detailing offers a nod to the clock’s ornate gilding.
The fantastical clockwork precision is mimicked in the selection of perfectly matched and perfectly calibrated diamonds.
Lastly the magic of the bell’s recognisable toll is reflected in the familiar spectacular sparkle of De Beers diamonds.
The four dials of the tower’s clock are portrayed in the Elizabeth Tower designs through the selection of four diamond cuts (round, princess, pear and baguette) and four setting styles (prong, semi-bezel, halo and pavé).