De Beers Jewellers & De Beers Forevermark Privacy Notice
We respect your right to privacy and aim to ensure that we are fair and transparent when collecting and using the personal information you have provided to us.
This Privacy Notice (or “Notice”) applies to our website visitors and customers and details how we use your personal data under requirements of the CCPA (Californian Consumer Privacy Act). If you are a supplier, authorised jeweller or other business stakeholder of Forevermark or the De Beers Group, please also see the De Beers Group privacy notice for information about how your personal data is processed.
De Beers Jewellers Ltd and Forevermark Ltd are part of De Beers plc, a company registered in Jersey under company number 122752 whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, 44 Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey, JE4 9WG, operating under De Beers UK Ltd.
De Beers Jewellers & De Beers Forevermark are joint data controllers for data collection, processing and analysis of website data, including analytical, statistical and cookie & cookie consent data (see cookie notice) for further information.
For all other data processing activities such as Sales and Marketing, De Beers Jewellers & De Beers Forevermark are both separate data controllers.
De Beers Jewellers and De Beers Forevermark are operated by multiple entities and franchises around the globe, who are the controller of your personal data gathered in store and of any data which you consented to be shared with them from this Website.
A list of local De Beers Jewellers and De Beers Forevermark entities, locations and contact details can be found below:
Forevermark entities and Supervisory Authorities:
Forevermark entity & Country
Supervisory Authority and contact details
Forevermark US Inc
300 First Stamford Place. Stamford, CT, 06902, USA
No single authority
De Beers entities and Supervisory Authorities:
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Forevermark customer services email@example.com
17 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1N 6RA
Our compliance officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
De Beers Jewellers Clientservices@debeers.com
Personal Information we Collect
We collect the following personal information from you:
- your full name
- payment and transaction details
- order and appointment booking details
- contact number
- email address
- ID verification data - collected for anti-money laundering checks which may also include passport, driving license and national ID card information
- time spent on our Website
- search query submissions
- pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our site.
- cookies (please see our cookie notice for further information)
- log-in and device information
- opt-in consent for marketing
- We also may acquire information about you, from publicly available sources, social media platforms, and other parties that may share information as permitted in their privacy policies
- Customer data collection, in store and online registration, can also include optional personal details such as wedding date, jewellery interests, ring size
Why and How We Collect your Personal Information
We collect and receive personal information about you in the following ways:
Personal Information you give us:
This includes any personal information that you provide to us directly, whether through our Website or via phone, text messages, social media or any other medium. This may include personal information you give to us by:
- filling in forms on our Social Media accounts or our Website (hereafter referred to as Platforms);
- when you register on our Platforms or subscribe to use services on our Platforms;
- when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
- by posting comments or content on our Platforms;
- when you purchase one of our products or services;
- when you contact us and when you otherwise provide information directly to us.
Personal Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms, products or services:
We collect personal information when you use our Platforms or services, or buy products from us by using cookies and web beacons. This may reveal log-in information, device information and search queries submissions. We receive this when you:
- access our Platforms (this reveals the type of device you’re using, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- interact with our Platforms and other services, view content and submit search queries.
Information from third-party sources:
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
Some types of personal data are required as condition for using our services. Mandatory information includes personal data required for processing payments, account creation and delivering online orders. Failure to provide this mandatory information will mean that you will be unable to place an order with us.
With Whom we Share your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in order to:
- to provide efficient services
- comply with applicable law or with legal court orders
- to protect and defend the rights or property of our company
- recover debts and liaise with our attorneys in connection with any potential, threatened or actual litigation
- audit our accounts;
- restructure or sell any of our businesses or assets
- host and operate the Website
- conduct Website analytics
- process payments
- connect with customers on social media
Your rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- to be informed about the personal information that the business collects and shares, including the categories and specific pieces of personal information
- to request from us access to personal information that we collect and share to services providers and third parties.
- to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- to request the deletion of your personal information
- to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer rights.
There is not charge for exercising your consumer rights.
"Do not sell my information"
If you are a Californian resident and have provided personal information to a business, you may be entitled by California law to opt-out of selling of your personal information by a business to a third party. The CCPA broadly defines the term "sale", where it may include when we share your personal information to a third party for a value, where it is not for a business purpose, you have not directed us to sharing the personal information with a third party or is not pursuant to a written contract. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please not that we have also adopted a policy ("Third Party Opt-Out Policy") of not sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so.
Sale and Disclosure for Business Purposes
At De Beers Jewellers & De Beers Forevermark, we do not sell any personal data that we collect. We do disclose personal details as detailed in "With Whom We Share Your Personal Information", the categories of data that is disclosed for business purposes.